Sunday, August 3, 2014

Beautiful Weather, Busy Week

It's been a beautiful week here in Tennessee. The weather has been surprisingly nice and the zinnia are blooming. I couldn't find a vase (all my vases must be in storage) so I improvised with a tin can!
  


We've been busy this past week working on custom orders and creating new items for our Etsy shop. I will share the pictures of the custom orders once they have arrived at their final destination!

We've added a personalization option to all our state cutouts on Etsy. Now customers can add their last name, their initials or any wording up to 15 characters to their state. This Tennessee is painted in Orange Marmalade and the wording is done in our cursive font.


 

Jesse had a brilliant idea to cut the shape of Tennessee out of beadboard. Of course, being that this is the home of the Tennessee Volunteers, "orange marmalade" is a popular paint color. Jesse distressed the edges and then sealed it with the a dark wax for an aged appearance.

 
 
This one is painted "summer rain" for those who aren't Vol fans. ;-) It is currently available in our Etsy shop.

 
 
I wanted to create something special for my best friend. She's the one who suggested we add a personalization option to our cutouts. When I asked her what she wanted her Tennessee to look like, she ask for a silver heart over Nashville with the word "HOME." It turned out beautifully and can't wait to see it in her kitchen!
 
 
There are three custom orders we are finishing. One of the orders is for three different states to use wedding guestbooks. I can't wait to show you the usual colors the bride chose for them! They're gorgeous. I'll be sharing the photos next week so be sure to check back. - Jessica
 

No comments:

Post a Comment