Friday, September 19, 2014

Reclaimed Wood Creations

 
We have been so busy creating orders for our customers I haven't kept up with posting on here. I'm not using "busy" as a bad word. I am truly thankful for every customer and order. It's good to be busy!

Here are a few things we've been working on lately.

We created this heart from reclaimed wood. I love the challenge of repurposing wood. Taking it from trash and turning into something unique and beautiful. We have sold quite a few of these. But the neat thing is no two hearts we create are exactly the same!


 
 
I rescued this piece of wood. It was in a pile of wood that was destined for the landfill. I knew this piece of wood could be turned into something special! I hand painted the word "love" on it and added a tiny pink heart.
 

                                        
 

 
I used pieces of reclaimed wood to create these coastal décor signs. I love the combination of burlap and starfish on top of the reclaimed wood.
 
 
 
I thought it would be fun to create a state cutout sign using reclaimed wood. This Michigan is painted in "Blackberry Jam" and distressed. The purple paint really standouts against the burlap!
 
 
 
I enjoy using reclaimed wood to create all different types of signs. It is a great medium to use because (obviously) it's quite versatile. Repurposing "trash" really challenges you to be creative. What have you "repurposed" or recycled? I'd loved to see what you've come up with.
 
With the fall season quickly approaching, I am working on some seasonal decorations made from reclaimed wood. I'll be sharing them here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment